Event Committee Email：email@example.com
Event Promoter and Operator：Nanjing Xempower Sports Technology Co., Ltd.
Chinese Athletics Association (CAA)
Shanghai Songjiang District People's Government
Shanghai Songjiang Sports Bureau
III. Operator and Promoter
Nanjing Xempower Sports Technology Co., Ltd.
IV. Race Time and Location
1. Time: Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM
2. Location: Shanghai Songjiang Happy Valley
V. Event Theme
Run along G60, Usher in a New Era
VI. Events and Scale
Events: Men's and Women's Half Marathon: 21.0975 km
Scale: 10,000 participants
Normal quota: 9,900 participants
Charity quota: 100 participants
VII. Race Route
The 2019 G60 Shanghai Sheshan International Half Marathon starts from Shanghai Songjiang Happy Valley and ends at Songjiang People's North Road, with passing locations including Shanghai Sculpture Park, Shanghai Sheshan National Forest Park, Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden, Guangfulin Country Park, Guangfulin Site, East China University of Political Science and Law, and Shanghai University of Engineering Science. Detailed route plan is coming soon!
VIII. Competition Method
1. The latest rules reviewed by the China Athletics Association apply;
2. Check-in: 6:45-7:45 on the race day
3. Assembly Method
The participants will go to designated assembly areas based on their best ever half-marathon results recorded in any "A-class races" registered with www.runchina.org.cn, which were held from December 1, 2016 to December 1, 2018. There will be four assembly areas (A, B, C, and D).
The assembly areas will be arranged in order of A-B-C-D from the start point archway.
4. Order: The race starts upon a single shot of the starting gun.
5. Closing time and distance
To ensure a safe and successful race for all participants, a closing time will be set at all sections along the course for a limited duration of road closure. All closed sections will resume for traffic after the closing time ends. If any participants fail to finish the required distance before the closing time, they shall stop the race immediately and leave the racing course to avoid causing danger. Participants who quit the race can take the shelter car arranged by the Event Committee to the corresponding finishing points.
(Half Marathon Closing Time)
6. The Half Marathon uses a sensing timing system (chip time). All participants shall wear the timing chip properly. Timing mats will be placed at the start line, checkpoints, and the finish line. The participants must move across each timing mat along the course. If a participant has missed any timing mat, his/her results will be canceled. The timing chips, which are disposable and won't be recycled, will be distributed before the race simultaneously with the number bibs. Please refer to the participants' guide for how to wear the chips.
7. Participants who finish the race before the closing time can get finisher medals by showing their number bibs.
8. Participants should store their personal belongings at the designated area as required. They shall not put valuables, such as cell phones, valid ID, cash, keys, credit cards, and iPad, in their bags. The package deposit service at the start line will be closed 15 minutes before the starting-gun shot on the race day, so participants shall arrange their time reasonably. Participants can claim their belongings at the designated area before 12:00 on the race day. Any participant who fails to claim his/her belongings on time on the race day may contact the Event Committee via e-mail or phone (as shown on the official website) within five workdays. Otherwise, the belongings will be deemed unclaimed and disposed of by the Event Committee.
9. The Event Committee will monitor the start line, the finish line, and some key checkpoints. If a participant violates the following rules, the participant will be disqualified, and his/her personal information will be entered into the sign-up system and the participant will be imposed a two-year ban from participating in the Shanghai Sheshan International Half Marathon. Serious violators will also be reported to the CAA for further punishment:
(1). The participant signs up with a false age or the participant is substituted by a pinch runner after the sign-up;
(2). The participant wears a timing chip that belongs to another participant; or the participant wears two or more timing chips during the race;
(3). The participant starts running at a non-designated area without following the starting order;
(4). The participant jumps the gun without following the starting order;
(5). The participant keeps running after the closing time or returns to the course after quitting the race;
(6). The participant finishes the race without following the specified routes, or takes shortcuts or vehicles to overtake other participants;
(7). The participant does not wear the right number bib as required when crossing the finish line;
(8). The participant claims souvenirs at the finish line without finishing the race;
(9). The participant refuses to follow the guidance of the staff, disturbs the race, or starts any riot or fight.
(10). The participant claims souvenirs repetitively at the finish line;
(11). The participant forges number bibs and finishes the race in relays.
(12). The participant conducts other behavior that violates the competition rules.
Among these violations, participants who are confirmed by the Event Committee to use fake information to sign up or transfer or fabricate number bibs shall bear all the consequences arising therefrom during the race.
IX. Ranks and Awards
1. Ranking Award
The top 15 male and female participants will be awarded prizes according to their chip time.
Note: The top three male and female participants will be subject to a drug test as per CAA requirements.
2. Special Award for Chinese Participants:
The top eight male and female participants who win such award will be ranked according to their chip time:
3. Race Record Breaking Award (subject to chip time):
The participant who wins the men's race in the Half Marathon within 1:02:58 (not including 1:02:58) chip time will be awarded RMB 15,000;
The participant who wins the women's race in the Half Marathon within 1:13:54 (not including 1:13:54) chip time will be awarded RMB 15,000.
(1). An eligible participant will be granted either the Ranking Award or the Special Award for Chinese Participants, whichever prize is higher. Others will not be moved up to fill the vacated rank. If a participant breaks the race record, the participant will win both the Ranking Awards and the Race Record Breaking Award
(2). The above awards are based on the chip time. Any participant who fails the drug test will be disqualified from the ranking and the vacated rank will not be filled.
(3). Any participant who finishes the race within the set time will receive a finisher medal.
(4). Any participant who finishes the race can check their results and download the certificate on the official website of the event 24 hours after the race.
4. All prizes are subject to a 20% personal income tax in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Individual Income Tax.
5. Prizes will not be awarded on site. The results of all prize winners will be publicized on the event's official website for 15 workdays. If there is no objection against the publicized results, the prizes will be granted within 60 workdays from the date when the results are confirmed. Participants who have taken the drug test need to wait until the test results are announced. If there is any objection against the publicized results, and the objection still exists after the re-check of the results, the corresponding rank will be disqualified and the vacated rank will not be filled.
(1). Prize winners shall submit valid bank card account number, a copy of their ID card with signature on it, and contact information to the Event Committee office before claiming their prizes.
(2). Prize winners shall claim their prizes within 60 workdays after the end of the publicity period. Otherwise, they shall be deemed to have waived the prizes.
X. Participation Method
1. Requirements for participants' age
Half-marathon participants must be above 16 years old (born before December 31, 2003).
2. Requirements on participants' physical conditions
Marathon is an intense, long-distance, and high-risk competitive sport with demanding requirements for participants' physical health. Participants should be in good health and have a history of regular physical training.
People with following conditions are not advised to participate in the race:
(1). Congenital or rheumatic heart disease;
(2). Hypertension or cerebrovascular diseases;
(3). Myocarditis or other heart diseases;
(4). Coronary artery disease or serious arrhythmia;
(5). Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
(6). Cold caught within two weeks before the race day;
(8). Other diseases deemed to be unfit for sports.
The Event Committee requires participants to go to a qualified medical institution for a physical examination, and conduct a self-assessment to decide whether their health condition is suitable for the race. During the race, participants shall be liable for any personal injury and property damage caused by personal physical or other personal reasons.
3. Sign-up Method
(1). The race will enroll 10,000 participants. The sign-up will close once the maximum number is reached.
(2). For the detailed sign-up method and process, please refer to the Sign-up Notes on the official website.
4. Sign-up Fees
(1). Individual sign-up: RMB 150/person
(2). Charity sign-up: RMB 300/person
Note: Sign-up fee payment methods include Alipay and UnionPay. Since the Half Marathon uses disposable timing chips, a deposit for the chips is not required.
XI. Insurance & Medical Service
1. The Event Committee will provide insurance for all participants and staff during the race. The insurance policy will accord with the sign-up information. If a participant fails to be insured due to any incorrect information submitted during sign-up, the participant will be held solely responsible.
2. First aid points will be set up at the start line and the finish line and along the course. Ambulances, medical workers, and volunteers will be deployed at each point to provide free medical service. Participants may ask for help at any time if they feel unwell.
3. To ensure the safety of participants, referees and staff authorized by the Event Committee have the right to terminate the participation of any participants who are apparently unfit to continue the race.
XII Matters not provided herein are subject to further notices and updates
XIII. The 2019 G60 Shanghai Sheshan International Half Marathon Committee reserves the right to the final interpretation of these Rules & Regulations.
2019 G60 Shanghai Sheshan International Half Marathon Committee
Official WeChat account
Sports in Songjiang